Wednesday 28 October 2009

COOKING

I'm totally in awe of my mother and her cookery skills. Don't get me wrong, I know my way around a kitchen (thanks to my mum and Mrs Grace, my officious Home Ec teacher at school), but she makes it all seem so effortless. Even if she's cooking Sunday lunch for a dozen people, with four of the most complicated, time consuming, desserts known to man (usually a minimum of four to choose from, hence my sweet tooth!).

I prefer dishes that are quick, easy, healthy and straight forward - yet still tasty - to prepare and my blog today is all about SELF PROMOTION. By that I mean ME, self promoting my latest service through BALANCED, and that's COOKERY SESSIONS.

I've always analysed clients food diaries and made recommendations to improve things, and make life easier where food is concerned, so have decided to take it further. I'm now offering to teach people to prepare good healthy meals for themselves, friends and family, in the comfort of their own home.

With today's busy stressful lifestyles most of us are looking for easy options in the food department, and this is where meals can seem really daunting and why we often fall back on those handy ready-meals, convenience foods and take-aways. The majority of food falling into these categories contain way too many chemicals and way too much salt, sugar and bad fats - leaving very little nutritional value for your body to convert to energy.

Eaten regularly these meals are what make us fat, lethargic and ultimately are more than likely to contribute big time to health problems such as arthritis,heart and cholesterol problems, diabetes etc.

Making good healthy,fresh, nutritious meals from scratch does not have to be stressful. Most of it is in the planning - making sure you have the ingredients where and when you need them, and not over complicating things.

I have a couple of clients on board already and last night had a two hour session with the client who requested this service a while ago - a big thank you to you!! He wanted to learn quick and easy breakfast, lunch and dinner options and over the past few months has now built up a repertoire of delicious meals he's able to prepare from scratch with little time and effort.

Amongst others we have made chickpea curry, roast chicken with garlic and lemon,tuna with black eyed bean salsa, stuffed peppers and salmon in a paper bag. Nothing freaky there hey?! Just good wholesome food incorporating all of the food groups and delivering top quality nutrition to the body.

Many of these meals have the added bonus of being able to be frozen. If done in portion size it means they defrost during the day whilst he's at work, and hey presto when he gets home there's a 'ready meal' to pop in the oven the minute he walks through the door.

If you've got children and want them to eat more healthily, this is a great way to get them involved. Why not try a cookery session for the whole family? and sit together and eat it afterwards.

You are what you eat. Really.

Contact me for more information or to book a session.
RX

No comments: