Here's a dead easy to read blog post full of healthy, holistic tips to live your life by. Choose one, choose two choose ten or choose 'em all. Up to you. Whichever, you'll be helping your mind and your body in the long run! Enjoy, and lets have some comments and suggestions back. Let's see how long we can get this list.
- Be open to change
- Don't obsess about your weight, eat right for your Metabolic Type
- Listen to your body, it's usually right
- Ditch eating soya foods
- Don't give up, don't beat yourself up, rather learn by your mistakes
- Use supplements wisely
- Love yourself, you're gorgeous
- Eat enough, no starvation diets, they mess up your metabolism
- Drink more water - ditch the fizz!
- Eat consciously - not whilst watching telly, reading etc.
- Vary your food
- Eat meat, good meat, free range, organic, grass fed
- Don't nuke your food, particularly in plastic food containers
- Don't eat food labelled 'low fat' - if they've taken the fat out, they've added some rubbish in to make it tasty. Read the label, I guarantee it. Anyway, we all need some fat, just make it good fat - hydrogenated trans fats have no place in our body
- Eat real unprocessed food, as close to nature as possible. If it grows, it tends to be a good place to start
- Exercise reguarly doing something you enjoy
- Get some sunshine between 11am and 2pm, increase the Vitamin D levels in your body and fresh air in your lungs
- Go to bed for quality sleep by 10.30pm at least four nights a week
- Leave the white processed goods on the shelves in the supermarket - flours, breads, pastas,sugars etc. They're very refined
- Avoid artificial sweeteners- they are seriosuly rubbish!
- Avoid NSAIDS (non steroidal anti inflammatories) where at all possible. If you need them regularly your body is trying to tell you something - listen to it, as I mentioned earlier.
- If you need sugar use honey, xylitol, or agave syrup. At least they have the nutrients still intact. White refined sugar has not.
Hope this lot has given you something to think about. And please let's have some comments and some additions to the list.
I'm going on a book keeping course now, oh no boring! I've been told I'll need caffeine to stay awake - will try peppermint tea, see how that goes down.