Friday 20 June 2014

Morning Rituals

This morning I went to meet my best mate for a walk with her dog, early. When I got home after a lovely walk, cup of tea and a 'put the world to rights' natter I went home and realised something. I hadn't done what I usually do every morning ; my morning ritual. I'd never really thought about it as a 'ritual' before but guess I have been doing the same things most mornings for the last few years. It suits me, it works, and now it's what I do on automatic pilot- until today! 

So I thoughts I'd share with your my little routine, and would love to hear what you do each morning too, and your views on my mine!! 

My partner gets up ridiculously early, not my bag! I'm so not a morning person really so I start my day with a ten minute meditation using Headspace, it's an App I have on my phone (www.getsomeheadspace.com), and there are 10 days worth to choose from, so I select one at random. It helps me sort out my mind for the day.

I have the following quote by the side of my bed; I'm challenged sometimes with negative thoughts (aren't we all?) and find if I read this first thing it really helps to get things into perspective "You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you choose your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on your mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control." Elizabeth Gilbert . 

Oil pulling

This is an ancient Ayuvedic remedy for mouth health, overall detoxing, and one of the first things I do when I get out of bed. I use coconut oil by LucyBee, for the yummy taste, and texture, but you can use any cold pressed oil.
You swish oil around your mouth, getting into all the nooks and crannies for a minute or so (depending on how long you have, you can do up to twenty minutes - needless to say I've never managed this) , and it pulls harmful bacteria, and other nasties out of the mouth, and possibly lower down the body, and the you spit it out. Do not swallow! 

Next up : Warm water with lemon. 
Warm water with lemon is my first drink of the day, it helps kick start the digestion after sleep. Lemon is a great digestive aid, and liver cleanser. Lemons are antibacterial, antiviral, have immune boosting powers and taste great.

I also take evening primrose oil, fish oils, probiotics, aloe Vera  and a liquid multivitamin drink . Sometimes I add milk thistle, magnesium baths, and enemas. I also do a liver cleanse twice a year.

Then it's yoga time ...I do at least ten minutes of yoga first thing every morning (and more later on in the day) to help start my day the gentle way! I either make it up as I go along, or I'll go to youtube and select a routine by Tara Stiles. She is yoga guru extraordinaire, and I love her dulcet tones in the morning too, as well as her amazing routines. Check out her handstand blog - what balance! The beauty of yoga is at you can do it to suit your mood - balancing, energising, sleep inducing, strong, gentle...  Tara has a great website www.tarastiles.com. 

And that's me ready for my day! And ready for my children... Lol!! 

My morning ritual is included in my new ebook Soups, Juices and Smoothies available to download at www.payhip.com/b/LgGs. 

Looking forward to hearing about your start to your day! 
Please leave comments!
Rx 

No comments: