Saturday 4 April 2009

FAR INFRARED SAUNAS

I've just had a minor operation, which I thought long and hard about having as general anaesthetics are full of chemcials and no one wants that stuff pumped around their body if they can avoid it.

I had it on Thursday, and all went smoothly, I was apparently only 'out' for about 25 minutes but boy has it taken its toll on my poor body and mind! Thursday night it was like my brain had been invaded by strange aliens and made my behaviour well wierd (ask some friends, they thought I'd seriously lost the plot) and then yesterday I was totally wiped out by lunchtime, and have slept pretty much since then.

To help rid my body of these 'nasties' (I'm not knocking conventional medicine in this case, am grateful to the surgeon and there is currently no other main stream way to put people to sleep without using chemicals) I've been using a four pronged attack.

Firstly, sleep works wonders for everything; it allows the body precious time to repair and recover and it's just bliss so the more of this the better.

Secondly, hydration is key to recovery from anything, plenty of clean water, herbal and fruit teas help flush the toxins out.

Thirdly, I've been taking mega doses of probiotics (and I mean mega) to make sure my intestinal flora is balanced and able to cope with this sudden influx of strange stuff that it's not used to dealing with.

And fourthly, which is what I really wanted to blog about, I've been using a FAR Infrared Sauna blanket.

Why, because it helps the body to detoxify and reduces the toxic load sufficiently so that the body is able to heal itself. The body is a miraculous thing, and can heal all sorts of problems and illnesses if allowed to, but sometimes because we mess about with it it needs a helping hand.

The Far Infrared Sauna blanket is my helping hand!

It works like a sauna in that you lie inside it, switch it on, and it heats up, but the advantage of the Far Infrared Thermal Treatment is that it's a much lower temperature than a regular sauna and the rays also penetrate deeper, offering an extremely comfortable and more efficient means of chemical,heavy metal and pesticide detoxification.

And it's soooooooo relaxing - I fell asleep!

These 'saunas'come in lots of guises, heat pads, blankets, full sauna units for more than one person, and portable sauna units and can be used every day.

They're really popular in America, and if you're interested covered in detail in the book Detoxify Or Die by Sherry Rogers. An absolutely brilliant book all about ridding the body of the chemicals we take in every day without even realising.

Mine came from a company called Get FITT Ltd who work with doctors, nurses and health practioners in the Uk and Europe. They use the sauna treatments to restore optimum health, and improve quality of life.

FAR Treatments can help people suffering from arthritis, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome,ME, migraines, fibromyalgia, and other debilitating conditions.

It's really important to keep hydrated when using the sauna, as it is with any sauna. So drink before and after sessions to replenish the body.

Check it out at www.get-fitt.com

I'm just going to have a snooze in mine - Bring it on!Yum! RX

Todays Tip : do at least one random act of kindness today.

1 comment:

John Mathew said...

Get all types of Infrared Saunas which includes 2 Person Infrared Sauna, Home Infrared Saunas, Four Person Infrared Sauna, Infrared Sauna to live healthier life.