Wednesday 10 July 2013

Ruth's Snack Mix Recipe

I made my snack mix up just by throwing all my favourite ingredients into a bowl one day; it tasted awesome and I've loved it ever since. The ingredients/ratios/quantities are not set in stone by any means so if you fancy having a go, use your imagination. Let me know if you come up with any unusual combinations. 
My friend Lindsey introduced me to dried mulberries; fabulous taste and texture and they look so unusual- so a big thanks to her! 

Ingredients :

100g approx of the following ingredients will make a large bowl full :

Goji berries
Toasted almonds
Toasted cashew nuts
Pan toasted sunflower seeds
Pan toasted pumpkin seeds
Toasted coconut flakes
Toasted dessicated coconut
Xylitol sweetened chocolate chips
Dried mulberries

Method :
1. Combine all the above ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.

This mix is an amazing energy boost mid morning, mid afternoon, or after exercise. Perfect to top yoghurt and fruit, in fact it's just perfect. When I put it in portion sizes it reminds me of the little Graze boxes I used to order years ago! 

I always have some in my bag or in my car, to avoid reaching for something less healthy in a 'needy' moment!! 

Enjoy! 
Rx

No comments: