Tuesday 3 September 2013

Happy Monday .... Here's to a healthier week! Baking made easy

I'm focussing on being time efficient now that the kids are back at school and life has gone back to 'normal' , if there ever is such a thing!! I love to blog, I love to bake and I'm in the process of putting together my next two e-books so life is busy, busy. 

My first one : Bakes, Bars and Bites is now out on Amazon.co.uk and sales are steady! Yeah! All the recipes I'm working on are FREE FROM refined sugar and refined carbohydrates ... So no nasties, and as most of us respect out body's what can be better than still being able to eat 'treat food' but knowing its actually doing us good? 

Blogging and baking both take time. My recipes are all about NOT spending the whole day in the kitchen to produce one masterpiece. Most of my recipes can be thrown together by whizzing all the ingredients up in a Kitchen Aid (love my white one!) , or similar food processor and then baking ... Or not (as some of them are raw or just use the hob). 



And to cut down on my blogging time I've decided to write one post a week and release it on a Monday.... Happy Monday, here's to a healthier week will be the title. We all need a little positivity to start the week don't we, so how great to have a healthy recipe to try for you and your family.

I know it's Tuesday by the way, but my kids only went back to school today so this the first chance I've had to blog... From now on it will be published on a Monday!! 

This weeks recipe is divine, although I say so myself. It's a recipe I have adapted several times from various sources to make it healthy, chemical free and full of goodness. It's easy to make, very easy in fact; it's SO tasty, and can be eaten any time of the day. 

Without further a do may I present..... Raspberry and Coconut Loaf



Ingredients :

225g.    Butter , I use organic 
100g.    Xylitol (available in health food shops, online and some supermarkets) 
100g.    Coconut sugar (available in Heath food shops and online) 
2           Organic eggs
225g.    Unrefined flour - I use one quarter rye flour to three quarters coconut flour (rye flour is sold in 
              most major supermarkets now; coconut flour is available online, in health food shops and in 
               continental food stores
1tsp.      Baking powder (gluten free) 
2tbsp.    Almond milk (sugar free - beware many of them have added sugars) 
1tsp.      Vanilla essence (optional) 

For the top:
Unsweetened raspberry jam (you could use home made raspberry purée) 
Toasted desiccated coconut 


Method :

Whizz all the ingredients up in a food processor and pour into a greased loaf tin.

Bake at Gas 4, 350F, 180C for 40 -50 minutes, very oven dependent! It may take longer.

I tested mine with a skewer to check it was cooked right through. If the top looks like its cooked way before the middle, cover with foil and bake for a further ten minutes. 

When the loaf is cool, spread the top with a layer of raspberry jam, and sprinkle the toasted coconut on top.

Enjoy! I love it with a steaming mug of peppermint tea!


Here's to a healthier week..
Rx



No comments: