Thursday 14 November 2013

My Acupuncturist ....

I have blogged about my acupuncturist before but I'll keep doing it as and when necessary because she really is one special lady. She's Japanese and practises her very own style of Japanese acupuncture and homeopathy. What she doesn't know about the body is not worth knowing. I love going to see her just to listen. 

She had never used conventional medicine, she doesn't agree with pill popping unless they are homeopathic and uses a combination of this and needles through acupuncture to sort out many , many peoples health.

Unfortunately, we seem to have become a nation of pill poppers - pain relief via tablets can give us a quick fix I agree, but at what cost. Popping pain killers masks the pain and means we can carry on doing what we're doing. 

Pain in the body however is the body's way of saying "help" something is out of kilter, and if we choose to ignore it , it will not necessarily go away. Prescribed and over the counter medicines can also give us side effects- even headache tablets warn that they can cause headaches.

Mrs Uruhart believes that even though acupuncture and homeopathy may take longer, they are getting to the cause of the problem and not masking it. Yes you have to be prepared for a bit of pain with needles; it is short lived however. She has helped me over the last ten years with plantar fasciitis, migraines, back pain, skin disorders; she has helped my auntie with sinusitis, my friend with hay fever, my mum when she had her hip replacement, my cousin with her skin, my partner with sciatica and my son Ben get rid of his childhood asthma completely. 

She has also helped people with cancer by working alongside radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments , using homeopathy to reduce their side effects.

There are other natural ways to help our body's to return to homeostasis, and over the years she has offered me a great deal of advice. Here are a few that may help :

Manuka honey is great for sore skin (bit sticky but..) pimples, eczema, sores, blisters etc.

Cystitiss can be helped greatly with propolis tablets.

Tea tree oil is amazing to get rid of warts and verrucas (my chiropodist told me never to buy the 'stuff' from chemists- it's chemicals and non of them are effective). Nat recently picked one up in a swimming pool and we've treated it every day for a week with tea tree, and the chiropodist on Monday said it's gone! 

If you have pain on one side of your body, press hard intermittently on the opposite side in exactly the same place. It will help it to subside.

The froth that forms on the top of boiling barley is effective for cysts if you drink it regularly. 

Cough remedy :

Spring onion (white part sliced thinly)
Ginger
Lemon
Raw honey or manuka honey

Place the above in warm water and sieve. Sieve and sip slowly throughout the day.

Constipation and general health - eat lots and lots of different greens, including lettuce. 

There are many more, and I'll be writing them down each time I go now, because she has so much great advice in her head.

I've asked her if I can write a book on her, as I believe the way forward with treating disease is more often than not, the natural way, or at least alongside some forms of conventional medicine. 

By the way I hate the term conventional medicine, as the natural remedies have been around for much much longer so really are the conventional ones. What's conventional about the use of chemicals? They are a relatively recent inclusion in our lives.

Hope this was useful. If you have any other natural remedies please feel free to share.
Rx

No comments: