Wednesday 9 October 2013

Choc-Fig-Nut Squares


Yum yum yum! These squares are little beauties, if I say so myself! I had to stop myself devouring all of them yesterday! Took some to hot yoga so I couldn't , and they went down a treat!

So here's the recipe... After you've seen a pic of them of course! 

You will need :

1 cup of soft figs
1 cup of mixed nuts
1 tbsp coconut oil

1/4 cup (or more if desired) of chocolate - I use Plamil foods xylitol Choc drops (only three ingredients) 
A handful of toasted dessicated coconut
A handful of goji berries

Method : 

Whizz up the nuts and oil and figs , I use my trusty Vitamix, until it forms a paste. Pack into a tin lined with baking paper , use your fingers to flatten down

Place in the fridge for at least half an hour

Melt the chocolate, Bain Marie style, and pour over the cold base

Sprinkle the coconut and goji berries over the top

When the chocolate has cooled place in the fridge, then cut up into squares, and enjoy, guilt free!! 
Rx




No comments: