Thursday 5 February 2015

RAW Bounty Squares

Wow such great feedback this week from my Sweet Enough Tasting Club.. And especially to the Raw Bounty Squares. 

Bounty has always been my favourite sweet treat, I'm sure I've consumed several hundred in my youth (let's not go there shall we?!) . These days I'm more aware of what's in processed chocolate bars and so avoid where possible;  occasionally I succumb, but that's the 80-20 rule we all live by, right? 

Anyway, after googling and researching how to make them from scratch I finally made my own by adapting several other recipes out there. 

It worked a dream, is very easy to make, and gives a sweet 'hit' minus the chemicals, and refined stuff we need to avoid.

So here you go : 

Recipe :
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp Raw Honey
2 cups Toasted Dessicated Coconut
2 TbspCoconut Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract

Method : 
Melt the coconut oil, with the honey gently. 
Stir in the coconut cream and add the vanilla extract. 
Add the coconut and stir  to coat it with the liquid. 
Line a baking tin with baking paper, and pour the coconut mixture in. Level off, and place in the fridge until set. 

Raw Chocolate For The Top
Half a cup of coconut oil
Half a cup of Raw cacao
2 tbsp Raw honey 
Pinch of sea salt 

Method : 
Melt the coconut oil very gently in a Bain Marie and add the honey.
Stir in the salt and raw cacao until completely mixed together. 
Pour over the set coconut mixture and place back in the fridge. 

Cut into squares before devouring! 
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. 
Enjoy. 
Rx 

No comments: