Wednesday 10 October 2012

Skin Brushing

Hi there, not blogged for a couple of days. I'm really busy developing my no sugar recipes and having so much fun with it!
I think I may have covered todays subject before,a few years ago,but as its become a habit for me I thought I'd blog about it today.
Along with my gut issues I've also had a lot of skin challenges over the years. As our skin is the largest organ of the the body if it's not as it should be we certainly notice very quickly. As do other people. I spent years at school feeling self conscious of my eczema which was often very visible.
By the time my eczema was 'under control' I was left with very dry skin. So I started really looking after it, with lotions and potions. I'm sure I've tried every cream on the market from E45 to Creme De La Mere... and eventually learnt that skin needs to be fed from within.
If we are eating,digesting and absorbing great, healthy, clean food it is reflected in the state of our skin.
And whilst moisturising the skin is very important , it needs internal assistance.
Skin brushing can also help. Big time!!
I've got a great big, long handled, brush from the Body Shop and my aim is to use it every day - realistically I probably manage 5 days a week.
I love it! It takes minutes and you feel some of the benefits immediately.
Our skin is responsible for 1/4 of the body's detoxification every day. It's one of the most important elimination organs we have, and when our blood is full of toxins it's seen in the skin in the form of eczema, psoriasis, dryness, redness, soreness, spots and pimples, acne, sores ...
So why skin brush? :
- it smooths the skin and can make it appear more 'shiny' and healthy looking
- it increases the circulation, encouraging the discharge of waste material which helps lymph drainage
- it helps tighten the skin
- it helps reduce the appearance of cellulite ( cellulite is caused by toxins)
- it helps muscle tone and a more even distribution of fat deposits
-it encourages the shedding of dead skin cells, which can help improve skin texture and cell renewal
-it helps eliminate clogged pores so can aid nutrient absorption
- some even say it's as good as a mini workout!
So with all those benefits,
and for just a couple of minutes a day, isn't it worth rushing out for a skin brush ( if you don't already have one lurking in your bathroom not currently being used)?

How to use a skin brush :
Use large sweeping strokes, always on dry skin (it will drag on wet and be most uncomfortable , I've tried it), and start on your feet. Yes it may tickle abit to start with but you'll get used to it. Always work upwards towards your heart as this helps the flow of blood and therefore toxins within it to move through the body.
Cover the whole of your body and enjoy the tingling, stimulating, invigorating feelings you get from just a couple of minutes each day.
Have fun!
Rx

No comments: