Monday 20 August 2012

Day Six - Carbs and Exercise

Amazing day and a great distraction from food and my lack of sugar and other carbohydrates! We drove to Fowey and spent the day on the tidal river , rowing in canoes. Awesome! I felt it after about twenty minutes ,though, and realised that's a lack of carbs for six days. Wouldn't recommend as strict a diet as this unless for medical reasons (as mine is). I would highly recommend taking out unnecessary added sugars by 80%, though . I work to the 80/20 rule with clients; eat healthily 80% of the time and your body can cope admirably with 20% 'treats' , or whatever you want to call them! Treats for me has become berries, nuts and coconut cream!

Anyway, got into my stride with rowing and thoroughly enjoyed the exercise, the surroundings, the sunshine, and the delight on the kids faces! We stopped at a pub for lunch and I managed to find something I could eat amongst the chips!

Very jaded this evening; it was early evening when we got back to the house, so we had a quick BBQ and flaked on the sofa. Bed by 10pm, with Bared To You, my new, as good as 50 shades book, and wow did that feel good.

Today's sugar fact : sugar in foods comes in many guises. Beware of : glucose, fructose, sucrose, maltose, golden syrup, glucose fructose syrup, corn syrup, maple syrup, dextrose, honey, treacle, molasses. You will find a type of sugar in all sorts, in fact most, processed foods. Even stock cubes!!!

Today I ate:
Breakfast : blueberries, coconut milk and cinnamon. Aloe and lemon in hot water.
Snack: hummus and carrot - in canoe!
Lunch :ham and eggs - in pub
Snack: mixed nuts, small handful
Dinner:BBQ, chicken with garlic, asparagus in butter, and green leaves
Dessert: strawberries and cream.
Drank lots and lots of water, peppermint tea, and Pau D'Arco tea.
Day six, 36 to go!!

No comments: