Thursday 16 August 2012

My Biggest Challenge Ever

I've swam across lake Windermere, cycled hundreds of miles in a day for charity, abseiled down a tower block, climbed the three peaks in twenty four hours, and had three children naturally without any pain relief. To date I consider these things to be my biggest challenges. Until now..... yesterday, I completed day one of my Six Week Sugar Free Diet to finally overcome a digestive disorder that I've suffered with since childhood. A disorder that continues to be fed by sugar consumption. It's heavily suspected to have been caused by excessive use of steroids prescribed for childhood eczema (side effects are many but gut issues common). That's why I'm a big campaigner for the use of natural products for the condition ; and how we control my daughter Lauren's eczema.
So I'm going to blog over the next six weeks, primarily to help keep me on track,but also because the majority of the population consume too much sugar in one form or another. So hopefully it'll be interesting to others, and perhaps a bit of an eye opener. It's very easy to 'overdose' without realising - sugar is in virtually ALL processed foods, including mayonnaise, ketchup, cooked meats, pasta sauces,crackers and crisp breads, even some crisps and other savoury snacks. And then there's the obvious: cakes, biscuits, alcohol, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks, squashes, fruit juice and yoghurts and yoghurt drinks.
So, today my diet went something like this :
Breakfast : 2 poached eggs, with rocket leaves and grilled vine tomatoes.
Lunch : organic beef burger (just meat) with broccoli, and onions sauted in coconut oil.
Dinner : prawns in garlic, with avocado and home made tomato salsa. Followed by sheep's milk probiotic yoghurt, mixed berries and cinnamon and coconut flakes.
Yum!


No comments: