Monday 17 September 2012

Day Thirty One- Bread

Yippee! Emma has said I can start to introduce low glycemic carbohydrates into my diet, slowly and carefully.
So made some spelt and linseed bread in my bread maker today- wow it's gorgeous. John is my super taster and is loving all the recipes I'm conjuring up at the moment, and this is a definite favourite. It's very dense but so tasty, especially with good quality butter on it!
I'm going to experiment with other breads this week and see what I can come up with.
Rick Stein's cafe in Cornwall serves the most beautiful walnut bread with breakfast, so that's going to be my challenge. With no wheat in it!
There are so many different flours available, even in supermarkets now, that it's so easy to eat wheat free. As a nation we are pretty much dependent on wheat, some people for every meal. When I'm analysing clients' diets I'm never surprised to see wheat in many different guises at every meal; toast for breakfast, pasta for lunch, cake for a snack, and breaded fish for tea. The body is being drip fed a very (in the main)7 processed grain and it can over time produce an intolerance. How about trying some different grains; rye and spelt breads are available everywhere, and lots of seeded ones too. Try shaking up your diet, it makes life more interesting if nothing else. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut of eating the same old thing every day.
Today's Food: Protein shake, Aloe Vera gel, hot water with lemon.
Hazelnut butter on spelt cracker. Peppermint tea (flask whilst watching Ben play footy)
Lunch : Fizzy water. Roast chicken and heaps of vegetables in the Scott's Arms.
Snack: 100% chocolate covered nuts.
Dinner: Poached salmon with roasted vegetables; courgettes, asparagus, onion and carrots.
Peppermint tea.
Day thirty one down - eleven to go!!

No comments: