Thursday 13 September 2012

Day Twenty Six - Variety

I didn't eat many vegetables when I was younger, but have always been into fruit. I'm making up for it now as an adult; veggies are my favourite foods. No really. There is such variety, so many different tastes and they are so versatile. We need variety in our diets and apparently not many of us get it. Its that old 80/20 rule again, that can be applied to anything in life. We eat the same small group of foods around 80% of the time; quite sad given the long list of foods we have available at our finger tips.
I've never eaten so many vegetables before as I am doing at the moment but reading through my blogs today I've realised that I'm tending to eat the same things over and over. I'm loving avacados for their good fat, and tomato and basil salad drizzled with olive oil and always eat heaps of spinach. But the body needs variety and so I'm going to be more mindful of the veg I'm choosing and try to vary my list. That way I'm getting my vitamins, antioxidants and fibre, and my taste buds will never get bored!
Today's food:
Breakfast: protein shake , aloe Vera gel, hot water with lemon.
Lunch: scrambled egg, tomato, onion, lettuce, turkey.
Snack: Xylitol covered chocolate nuts
Dinner: Chicken fajitas without the tortillas! Just chicken and lots of veg, watching the kids make the fajitas!
Dessert: strawberries, coconut cream, 100% chocolate grated.
Day twenty six down, sixteen to go!

No comments: